Friday, September 11, 2009

The Great Adventure

Sparrow Records doesn't like youtube embedding, so check out this link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrrjbTc0urk

I totally would have used a "non official" video for this blog, but I think it’s a crying shame if I don't let you guys enjoy Steven Curtis' sweet sweet digitally mastered voice and beautiful wondrous young Matt Damon'esque hair. Like it or love it folks, I bring you only the best.

I would like to take this time to thank Mr. Chapman for everything he's brought to Christian Music, like his purdy blue eyes and fifty + dove awards.

By the way, don't tell me his eyes aren't blue, I googled it just to double check.

I always planned to really take this blog seriously after I moved to Washington, everything before that was just doinking around and trying things out. That's why I don't feel so bad clearing it all out and starting fresh. Feel free to take a seat and stay a while, enjoy the minty freshness, I hung one of those tree air fresheners in the corner just for your comfort.

It was almost a month ago that my wife and I finished packing up our Budget truck and began the slow crawl to Washington. It didn't take us long to figure out that since the truck only went about 65 mph, 75 mph downhill, the trip was going to take a little longer than we had originally planned.

I can’t really tell you much about what happened those days, seeing as I totally just turned on my iPod and "phoned in" my life for each of those four days, while trying to pay attention to the 2-way walkie talkies that Kristina (my wife, for those keeping track at home) and I were using to stay connected throughout the trip.

Let’s go there for just a second...

Personally, these walkie talkies were probably the best idea we had for the entire trip, and it sure beat the stuffing out of trying to call each other in the middle of Montana where the cell phone tower hasn't been invented yet. This didn't stop my wife from using the walkie talkies whenever she could find an opportunity to inform me of something, like "Hey honey. The trees are pretty here," or "Be careful, this hill is a little steep," as I'm already in the midst of a white knuckled wrestling match with the steering wheel and brakes trying not to attempt vehicular gymnastics as I reach for the walkie talkie and respond back with a "yeah... it's a mountain..."

The crowning joy of our trip was when the car trailer shredded a tire in the middle of Idontknowswhere, Montana. This gave my family the opportunity to find a great little side of the road diner where some lady named "Mama" questioned my masculinity when I ordered a bacon cheeseburger meal and couldn’t finish the pound of cow and bucket of fried potato strips that she gave me.

The best part of all of this is that we're here in Washington now. You would think that after four years of marriage and seven moves I would have known that my wife would insist on having everything completely unpacked within the first week. I didn’t, but it totally was. It's things like this that makes her my better half.

I’m in the clutches of school at the moment, but do not fear, I love every hour of it... well, except maybe the first hour after I wake up. I stopped being a morning person about five minutes after I finished with the Marine Corps and didn't have to wake up at zero-dark-thirty every morning.

Thanks for hanging out if you made it this far. I'll try to keep you all entertained in the days to come.

-Jace

2 comments:

  1. Thats so halarious I have to be unpacked with pictures hanging the very same night as move in day! I love waking up to a house that is put together!..real men eat tofu hahahahahaha!! j.k

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read. And laughed. Good way to start the blog. :)

    Looking forward to following this, Jace.

    ReplyDelete